Visit The Isitfair HomePage Council Tax Discussion Forum
The Campaign for the Reform of Council Tax

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Isitfair Home Page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Council Tax Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Information & Links
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archie White

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject:
Isitfair Home Page

am not sure where to post this comment. But the link on the Isitfair Home Page to the Daily Finance article on Taking a Rise out of Council Tax does not take viewers to that article, but to the current edition of Daily Finance. At least it does on my screen, and I don't see any obvious way of getting to the article concerned. Perhaps it is just me, but there may be others like me!

Archie
Mike S

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject:

re you clicking the logo or the underlined link?

Clicking the former takes you to their home page. Clicking the latter takes you to the article - at least it does for me. If you still have trouble, try this :-

http://www.dailyfinance.co.uk/2010/01/23/taking-the-rise-out-of-council-tax/
Archie White

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject:

ike

I cannot see any underlined link on my screen version of the Home Page. Wherever I click, the current edition of the Daily Finance appears.

I did see the article when it first appeared (and have printed it out).

But I wonder if other users are having this problem? It would be a pity if visitors to the Isitfair Home Page found it difficult to access this important article.

Archie
Mike S

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject:

ery odd.

This what I see :-

Whichever way you look at it, council tax is an appallingly inefficient way of taxing people. The council tax remains the most expensive tax to collect per 1 collected. Read the full report here.

and clicking the underlined text (on the Isitfair home page - not the blue text above) goes directly to the article.
Archie White

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject:

es, it is odd - and gets odder!

All I see on the Home Page (apart from the logo and the photo of Chis Wheal) is:

"Whichever way you look at it, council tax is an appallingly inefficient way of taxing people. The council tax remains the most expensive tax to collect per 1 collected."

But when I highlighted this text in order to copy it and quote it here, the underlined words "Read the full report here" suddenly appeared, and when I clicked on these words the correct article came up.

I would be interested to know whether others have had the same experience. Maybe I have an ancient (or maverick) system, or something!

Archie
Mike S

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject:

ll I can suggest is that you click on the IE Help and search for color (note US spelling) and/or links and see if anything there provides clues.
Bruce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject:

lear your cache the page might be loading from your cache and not fresh
Archie White

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject:

ike and Bruce

Thanks. I have at last got round to asking my computer assistant (i.e. son) to read your advice, and he seems to have fixed the problem. For some reason blue-coloured links were being converted into white, and therefore virtually invisible on all websites and e-mails, not just the Isitfair Website. Only links seem to have been affected, not all things coloured blue. I have no idea why it happened. My son suggested that I may have accessed a dodgy website at some point.

Anyway, I am glad that this was not a problem for other visitors to the Isitfair Website.

It seems that there is some way to go yet in making computers user-friendly (or idiot-proof)!

Archie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Council Tax Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Information & Links All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: