Visit The Isitfair HomePage Council Tax Discussion Forum
The Campaign for the Reform of Council Tax

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please take note

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Council Tax Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Council Tax - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
christine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject:
Please take note

n today's Times there is an Ad for the Newspaper Licensing Agency, which draws attention to the copyright law. Many postings on the ITF Forum give reference to various newspaper articles of interest, via the web. It appears that if any of these articles are printed off and distibuted to a third party you need a license. I have done just that, in the past ,to bring to the attention of my MP relevent matters and to reinforce a point. I think members of the Forum should be made aware of the possibility of falling foul of the NLA

Mike S

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject:
Re: Please take note

Christine wrote:
In today's Times there is an Ad for the Newspaper Licensing Agency, which draws attention to the copyright law. Many postings on the ITF Forum give reference to various newspaper articles of interest, via the web. It appears that if any of these articles are printed off and distibuted to a third party you need a license. I have done just that, in the past ,to bring to the attention of my MP relevent matters and to reinforce a point. I think members of the Forum should be made aware of the possibility of falling foul of the NLA

Just another reason for providing just the links, and not the text of any articles.
Mike S

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject:

V.G.Evans wrote:
As I may not be the only one who doen't have the knwo-how:
*how does on post links to e.g. newspaper articles???
Any technical advice gratefully received!
Best wishes,
V.G.E.

V.G.E. Instead of cutting and pasting all the text of the article, cut and paste the Address of the article. The address is shown in the "Address" field near the top left-hand side of the browser window. Left click on the address to select it, then right-click and select copy. Then paste what you have just cut into your forum message.
I hope this explains it OK Question
vindi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject:

ot all newspapers provide link facilities!!
christine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject:

he Express are hoping to provide the link facility soon.

Anne

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject:

here you go VINDI, we can rarely get a link to the Sun. This one came down on a google early this morning.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006200038,00.html

Margie

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject:

ot too hot at recalling how to work out percentages but I think it's multiply your house value by .0078 to find out how much. Actually means a big drop in Council Tax for us in a band A mid-terrace.
Perhaps my sums are wrong? e.g. 75,000 = 585. or 11.25 a week
250,000 - 1,950 or 37.50 a week. So. If you are a pensioner living in a big house there goes half your pension every week and what you young'uns will do horrifies me.

Adrian Nash

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Margie wrote:
Not too hot at recalling how to work out percentages but I think it's multiply your house value by .0078 to find out how much. Actually means a big drop in Council Tax for us in a band A mid-terrace.
Perhaps my sums are wrong? e.g. 75,000 = 585. or 11.25 a week
250,000 - 1,950 or 37.50 a week. So. If you are a pensioner living in a big house there goes half your pension every week and what you young'uns will do horrifies me.

I think your sums are correct Margie and on the face of it the proposal is probably a better fairer option than the banding system we have now. That's as far as fairer goes though and it is still council tax with its non existent link to income and highly inneficient collection system. In addition I wonder how long it will take to reach 1% and beyond?

Adrian.
christine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject:

ucky old you, our two bed bungalow will go up by 1,000 per year

Mike S

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Christine wrote:
Lucky old you, our two bed bungalow will go up by 1,000 per year

After three years of campaigning - two marches in London - 85,000 signatures in a petition to No. 10., over 60 public petitions to Parliament; thousands of copies of CT bills to Two Shags - they are still not listening to what the Isitfair campaign is saying.

In light of Clarke and Prescott not resigning - What does that tell you about how they view the opinions of the electorate?

These people think they can get away with murder - and are putting in place the legislation to enable them to do so.

For example - We can't get within half a mile of Parliament now to protest - about anything.

Don't just take my word for it; Google for "Civil Contingencies Act" (already enshrined in law); or "Legislative and Regulatory Reform Bill" as just two examples of how we are being subjected to hitherto unprecedented state control.

For how much longer will we all put up with this?

If you study and think about it - CT could be considered a minor issue compared to what they are doing to us in other quarters Exclamation

If we don't act soon - it will be too late.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Council Tax Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Council Tax - General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: