Visit The Isitfair HomePage Council Tax Discussion Forum
The Campaign for the Reform of Council Tax

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please take note

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Council Tax Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Council Tax - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
V.G.Evans

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject:

Mike S wrote:
In light of Clarke and Prescott not resigning - What does that tell you about how they view the opinions of the electorate?

These people think they can get away with murder - and are putting in place the legislation to enable them to do so.

For example - We can't get within half a mile of Parliament now to protest - about anything.

Don't just take my word for it; Google for "Civil Contingencies Act" (already enshrined in law); or "Legislative and Regulatory Reform Bill" as just two examples of how we are being subjected to hitherto unprecedented state control.

For how much longer will we all put up with this?

If you study and think about it - CT could be considered a minor issue compared to what they are doing to us in other quarters Exclamation

If we don't act soon - it will be too late.

Exactly, Mike - this can't be repeated too often. We need to think about further actions we can take. I always think that a big general audit ("show me the money - where has it gone?") is a good start .
V.G.Evans

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject:

Margie wrote:
Not too hot at recalling how to work out percentages but I think it's multiply your house value by .0078 to find out how much. Actually means a big drop in Council Tax for us in a band A mid-terrace.
Perhaps my sums are wrong? e.g. 75,000 = 585. or 11.25 a week
250,000 - 1,950 or 37.50 a week. So. If you are a pensioner living in a big house there goes half your pension every week and what you young'uns will do horrifies me.

Well, this is exactly what "they" want to achieve: Lowest tax for what is for them sub-standard accomodation (can you see Cherie or Two-..ag living in a Band A property?), because they are sooo compassionate! And "soak the rich" for what they think is "upper class" (how they can I really don't know, maybe because they are not nor have been paying for anything for years) - only, as we've seen with GB's fiscal drag strategy, everybody is now "rich" - unless you're on the social ...
Adrian Nash

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Mike S wrote:
Christine wrote:
Lucky old you, our two bed bungalow will go up by 1,000 per year

After three years of campaigning - two marches in London - 85,000 signatures in a petition to No. 10., over 60 public petitions to Parliament; thousands of copies of CT bills to Two Shags - they are still not listening to what the Isitfair campaign is saying.

In light of Clarke and Prescott not resigning - What does that tell you about how they view the opinions of the electorate?

These people think they can get away with murder - and are putting in place the legislation to enable them to do so.

For example - We can't get within half a mile of Parliament now to protest - about anything.

Don't just take my word for it; Google for "Civil Contingencies Act" (already enshrined in law); or "Legislative and Regulatory Reform Bill" as just two examples of how we are being subjected to hitherto unprecedented state control.

For how much longer will we all put up with this?

If you study and think about it - CT could be considered a minor issue compared to what they are doing to us in other quarters Exclamation

If we don't act soon - it will be too late.

I couldn't agree more Mike, our basic rights are being carefully and slowly eroded. How is it that a man can be detained for wearing an anti Blair tee shirt outside a Labour conference, or a Labour octegenerian member be physicaly ejected for daring to make a comment. That's Blairs country "fair for all" in a nutshell! How long before the secret police start knocking on our doors in the middle of the night for daring to criticise the dictatorship, er sorry government? As for their much heralded whiter than white approach to government, someone close should tell them it's time for a boil wash as the stains have got a bit nasty, spotting a white bit is nigh on impossible now! Evil or Very Mad

Adrian.
Mike S

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject:

nd - even though they are bio-degradable, or the birds eat them - don't throw your Cheesy Wotsits out of the car window :-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/05/03/uwotsit.xml

Note the job title "Council enforcement manager"!
j stone

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject:

his subject has disintergrated into a farce. What started out as a warning by Chistine on newspaper copyright, has developed via individial reassement of CT under the proposed 0.78%, to throwing litter out of cars. Can we please have postings that bear some relevence to the original subject heading.
Adrian Nash

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject:

he council KGB are never around on a Friday and Saturday night, when car loads of youths discard their take away packaging through our villiage. I suspect we here are not alone in that, as the local Stasi only pick on easy targets, most likely to pay up without serious protest.

Adrian.
j stone

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject:

Adrian Nash wrote:
The council KGB are never around on a Friday and Saturday night, when car loads of youths discard their take away packaging through our villiage. I suspect we here are not alone in that, as the local Stasi only pick on easy targets, most likely to pay up without serious protest.

Adrian.

QED
Adrian Nash

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject:

j stone wrote:
This subject has disintergrated into a farce. What started out as a warning by Chistine on newspaper copyright, has developed via individial reassement of CT under the proposed 0.78%, to throwing litter out of cars. Can we please have postings that bear some relevence to the original subject heading.

Sorry, you are of course, quite correct J Stone. The truly organized mind would never deviate from the path, logic would prohibit such an act. Being human though, once any particular posting is read the desire is to reply, regardless of the main heading. This problem is in some part caused by the system, rather than any deliberate attempt to veer a topic off course. Once the "notify me" box is ticked by a few people on any given topic then it becomes inevitable that the thing will evolve in the way converasations do. If you think back to the old forum, topics stayed on track much better because of the way the system interacted with the membership. But just like Charlie Clarke, that's history now so we have to work with what we have, fallible humans and all! Confused

Adrian.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Council Tax Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Council Tax - General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: